Hi there! It's been a while, I know.....ya'll were missing me I'm sure! lol Anyway, it's been a crazy, busy, beautiful summer so far. Can't believe it's already the end of June, where did the time go? It's been a pretty mild summer so far, which is pretty nice. I've taken the kiddos to lots and lots of stuff. We've been strawberry picking, Frederick Meijer Gardens children's garden (never been there before, can see it as a recurring thing), to the library a bunch of times, various farmers markets, a little camping etc..... Still have lots to do yet. Splash pad fun, blueberry picking, the zoo, GRCM, hopefully the beach (thinking about taking them to Grand Haven Coast Guard festival for the carnival) and we want to do a little camping yet. So much to do, so little time to do it! I also found a zoo that's more of a petting zoo and farm environment rather than a traditional zoo. It's out by Alto that I want to check out with the kiddos.
Been trying to remember the camera and take LOTS of pictures of our activities. All I have to say about that is, it's a good thing my phone camera is pretty good.:-)
That being said, when did kids stop sleeping in? You'd think with all the activities we've been doing they'd be a little more tuckered out and sleep in. But no, every morning by 7am one or both of them are up and ready to go for the day! It's good I guess so far so that their schedule hasn't changed that much. If it stays about the same, there won't be this big dramatic "Uh-Oh what are we going to do?" when it's fall and school starts.....
Anyway, to keep somewhat busy during the summer, I found a website on Pinterest. It's a blog and she has a summer schedule on it for her kids. There's an errand day, stay home day, arts & crafts day, pool day and field trip day. So basically I've taken all these same concepts and made them my own. I still need to find something for our art day, but so far, it's worked out pretty well. Our pool day generally is me sitting by the blow up pool and Thomas in it, but hey he's having fun. We're also trying to incorporate some school stuff (drawing, coloring, writing and reading) into our days. We're participating in our local library's summer reading program so right there he's picking out books. I'm generally reading them to him and he helps where he can but he's involved with books and that's the important part. As for the other three, we're trying to keep up with those as much as we can. :-)
Well, gotta go for now. I'll post more later and hopefully add some pictures of our adventures!
Hey Gina! I love the idea of having a summer schedule, so I'll have to get the website from you! What a fun Mommy you are!
ReplyDeleteHey Lisa!
DeleteYeah, I meant to put a link in here to the website but got sidetracked and forgot.... :-/ Anyway, here it is:
http://www.peanutblossom.com/blog/2013/06/summertime-schedules.html/
It's also on my Pinterest page under the kids stuff board.
Have fun!